Tuesday, October 11, 2005

The Fairy Tale Lives

So you all know how I have been so disappointed by the lack of fairy tale in real life. It has created much sadness and depression in my heart. All that I thought the world to be had somehow been crushed by reality.

I had the most amazing experience this past weekend. I went to a women's retreat at Bear Lake with the Mountain Vineyard. Pam Wright was our guest speaker for the weekend. She is very gifted in the prophetic. She gave me a really great word from God.

But what I want to tell you about is something that another woman I met told me about. She was praying for me and said that she saw God (I think she said the King) taking my hand and leading me onto the dance floor. She said that he was taking me out to show me off as His bride. Afterwards we were talking about dance and the power and the warfare and I mentioned how I deal with depression. I talked about the fairy tale idea I had about life and how I had been hit really hard by reality. She started to tell me something else, but I got called away. So the next morning I went back to talk to her and thank her for the things she had told me the night before. This is where it gets really good, she said that I don't have to let go of the fairy tale, that in many ways it is part of who I am. She said that she believes that fairy tales are prophetic! There is a princess (us), the evil that comes against her (the world and Satan) and a prince (Jesus) who comes to rescue her and takes her to live happily ever after (in Heaven!). This was so exciting for me because I feel like it bridges the gap between the two people I feel I have been; the one who believes in the fairy tale and the one who feels betrayed by it. The problem was that I had forgotten about the dragons in the fairy tales...

So life goes on and I get my fairy tale.

P.S. Owen liked this analogy as well because it freed him form having to live up to the expectation of the prince in shining armor.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alyson said...

Thanks, Jason. I'll get that book.

Love and miss you too.

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home