Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Today is overcast and a little rainy. The winter's start is looming ahead. I want to be excited for the change, but I'm not quite there yet. It's not the cold so much as the inconvenience of it all...scraping windows, preheating the car, bundling-up kids (and self), etc. You all know the drill. I must remind myself of the fabulous memories I get to make with my family in the midst of it...sledding, snowman(girl) making, skiing, snowshoeing, etc. Winter is fun, it just takes energy, but so does summer.

Life takes energy. That is what it boils down to. ENERGY. Available or not? I have always wanted to be one of those bubbly, energetic people who run around all the time and never seem to get tired. I bet they sleep really well at night, too. But, God made me who I am and I am learning how to use myself most effectively. The most effective way is for me to have a nap each and every day, just kidding! I rarely nap these days, which makes them that much more enjoyable when I do.

Enough about that. I went on a date Saturday! It was so much fun. An old-fashoined movie and dinner. We saw Flight Plan at a matinee and went to Wendy's for dinner. (A date on a budget!) It was so nice to spend some time with my man.

Tristan got a haircut! We're talking inches lost. It is up around his ears and all messy on top. Very cute! He looks about two years older than he did when we walked into the salon. I thought maybe it was time, but you never know, I might grow it long again.

This is funny- my kids got Power Ranger costumes at Kid to Kid. Mazana's is pink and Tristan's is blue. They look hilarious, but they love them and I only spent $9.00.

Life is ticking...may the sun shine through your clocks into your lives.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jen Johnson said...

HA! My kids are going to be Cookie Monster, Batman and Snow White. You'll have to send us pics of the kids as Power Rangers!
I'll be praying for you....more ENERGY! Just make sure you're praying the same for me!
Love Ya,
Jen

8:24 PM  
Blogger Jenell Coker said...

I am attempting to get Judah to be a tree. I am so tired of princess costumes. I think the sun will shine all the time in heaven.

Love you
Jenell

8:22 AM  
Blogger Alyson said...

I agree- sunshine all the time! But what about the people who like storms and snow and all that? Maybe there are different parts of heaven that have different types of weather. I suppose we'll just have to wait to see.

Love you two too.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Marlene said...

O.K., so does this say something about my parenting skills???My kids are dressing up as a witch (mean and ugly looking), and the Scream guy, with the blood-dripping mask. They just want to be scary. Why? I don't know. Peer pressure, or just the whole commercial part of Halloween? Not my favorite holiday (if you can even call it that). Bring on Christmas! Send pics of all your cuties!
Love you guys,
Marlene

1:34 PM  
Blogger Alyson said...

Yeah, not my favorite holiday either. Actually, I hate it. I think it is gross. As a child I dressed up one time I think and never went trick-or-treating. It didn't bother me either because my parents explained it so thoroughly. Owen on the other hand thought of Halloween as his favorite holiday, so we have been confused about how to handle it. So much about parenting is so much more confusing than I thought it would be. I have told them little tid bits of what my parents told me, but I don't want to make a huge deal about it. I suppose I just need to decide with Owen and we need to go with it and stick with it. I know my brothers let their kids trick-or-treat, but what does that mean? I'm rambling, I'm sorry.

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home