Thursday, October 20, 2005

These are from September. Just a little writing whenever I felt inspired. I have been carrying a small white notebook in my purse...

#1: The heartache of the world settles to a place of hope and need. And everyone goes searching for what they do not know to find a compromise of peace in which survival lives. A hope they have yet to understand, but suddenly walk with. There is a beauty that shines so brightly that no one can see. And so they must truly trust the leader who holds their hand. As they walk blindly to the home they have never known they get to know their own hearts and what they hold. At this point the choice is set before them to trust this leader and hope to find the mountain's peak or to end the journey, find no glory and live forever inside mediocrity.

#2: Tomorrow holds a dream bred by thought. Birthed by determination the dream envelopes reality and all is transformed. The world knows hope and learns to fight for this dream become reality. Without the fight all is lost and the dream becomes a nightmare we all must live.

I can't figure out how to title my posts. Someone please teach me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenell Coker said...

I like it when you get all poetic on us.

9:29 PM  
Blogger Marlene said...

I really hope you're keeping all this stuff in a journal or something! Don't ever say that you can't write! You definately have a gift there. I'll bring that "Captivating" audio book to FPU...sorry I keep forgetting it.

11:08 AM  
Blogger Alyson said...

Thanks, Marlene. I am looking forward to that book.

Thanks to both of you for the compliment. I got some sort of word at the retreat about writing too. I believe it said something about writing poetry that is turned into songs! Who knows what will happen there. Kind of an exciting though I guess.

These writings were on a small pad of paper in my purse, but you are right I need to get one journal that I write in and just fill them up until I die. How cool would that be for all of you to be able to read all of my writing when I am gone. I guess that implies that I will be gone first, don't worry I didn't mean anything by that. At least my kids will get to read it. (I do hope that I go first though. I'm not sure how I will deal if any of you or Owen go before me. Let's cross that bridge when we get to it.)

Also, that is one of the reasons I wanted to start a blog is to share some of my writing.

I love you all.

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home