Tuesday, October 25, 2005

My baby girl is six! Wow. How does time travel at such varying speeds? I can't figure out "where the time went", but I also can hardly remember life without her...

She was glowing yesterday. It was like the day was truly just for her; created soley on her behalf. I remember feeling that way as a child. The feeling of such intense excitement and having the world seem to actually revolve around me. You could see it in her eyes. The hope, the joy, the ease of being six. Now, this has never been my favorite age. Honestly I think that most six year olds have an incredible ability to be annoying! Not to say that Mazana does not possess this gift, but I can see really liking six. I can see such life in her. She has a lot of things worked out in her head, but has not experienced enough to ruin any of it yet. I love seeing her learn. She is sounding things out, she is adding with ease and contrary to Mazana at three, she is a social butterfly. She has tons of friends. It was so much fun watching her at her birthday party last night, playing with all her little girlfriends and one boyfriend. Tanner is his name and she calls him her boyfriend. He is so sweet and such a little gentleman. They hang out together all the time at school. He is the only boy from school she invited to the party and evidently, according to Tanner's dad, Tanner had the option to invite one person to Hollywood Connection for his birthday (December 9th) and he chose Mazana! We'll see if that decision sticks.

The past few weeks I have settled down and have been truly enjoying being a mom. Not to say that it is no longer difficult, obviously, but my kids are bringing me such joy. I just need to figure out how to get out of the house on time. This is where the yelling comes in to effect at our house. I have an extremely difficult time keeping it together when we're late which seems to be all of the time. So I must yell a lot too! I just want them to focus. How do you get them to focus? Get your shoes on, get your shoes on, GET YOUR SHOES ON! I probably need to spank them more because I have been repeating myself too much. Anyway, being a mom really is great, isn't it?

7 Comments:

Blogger Alyson said...

Jason, I cannot find a title button. I have the link button and spell check, etc., but I don't see anything about titles. Any hope for me?

12:35 PM  
Blogger Jen Johnson said...

WOW! I can't believe Mazana is six! Did she get Cais' card? If not, one is on it's way to her soon. I'm so glad that you are enjoying six. It is a really great age. I can't believe Cais is almost to seven...doesn't seem possible!
Love Ya,
Jen

6:21 PM  
Blogger Jen Johnson said...

P.S. - It isn't a title button. It should be a short box just above the box to post. The same length as the post box, just smaller. I think it's labeled "Title" at the beginning of the box. I hope that makes sense!
Jen

6:23 PM  
Blogger Alyson said...

Yes, Jen, she got the card from Cais and she was so excited about it. She actually got it on her birthday, so it was perfect.

Maybe I'm having a problem because I am posting off of the "blog this" button. Where is the "post box"? I feel like a fool.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Jen Johnson said...

OK...I can see where you're confused. I usually go into the blogger.com website and login and post from there. Try that and see if you can see what I mean.
SO glad that Mazana got the card on her birthday! Cais was so excited to make it and send it to her! (So, excited I think she forgot to put Happy Birthday on it! Oh well!)
Love Ya,
Jen

2:18 PM  
Blogger Jenell Coker said...

I am so sad I did not get to see the birthday girl!! I remember feeling like the world revolved around me too. How great was that?

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha! I don't remember any of this! You much tell me if I get chosen to go to Tanner's party! :-)

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home