Saturday, December 02, 2006

TRANSITION

Here's the deal...there has not really been much to report, hence the silence. We are so in need of your prayers right now. Owen and I are both in a new area of trust in the Lord. It is hard to wait not knowing what is going on. We know that He has everything in control, but we are faced with some big decisions and a potential high level of stress. Please pray that we will have clear direction in all that we do in the near future...

Owen will be in need of a new job within the next few days to two weeks. He has options, we just have to know which one he should go with. I will no longer have a job at bdc; it is not a lot of money, but probably about $500 a month so it is significant in our lives. I can most likely work as much as I want/need to at the restaurant, so that is good. We need to feel confident that the Lord wants us to keep our house at the price we have it at now. We are feeling some confusion.

I know you all get it. We are ready to move on to the next chapter in our lives, but obviously God has a lesson to teach us right now. Please pray that we get it soon and we can go!

My parents were here for Thanksgiving and we ate at Jason's. Jason cooked most of the food and it was excellent of course. We celebrated with Diane on Sunday night and that was also a lot of fun.

My mom is still in town, but will be leaving on Monday. With the weather the way it has been (extremely cold!) she has been reminded of why she left Utah and has no regrets! My dad will be leaving within the next two weeks to make his final move. He will be in PC about one week out of four to continue with some work involved with him "merging" his company. Jason and Kris are going to be leaving PC around the 15th to drive to Florida for Christmas. Jason will then fly back on the 28th to pack their moving truck and drive to Shreveport, LA. Kris will meet him there with Fisher after they have closed on their new house. Elle will fly in around the 7th of January. They have not yet sold their house, but are buying a new house anyway in order to keep their family together.

Pray for all of our houses to sell: Mom and Dad, Jason and Kris, Chad and Katy (spec house on the market since April) and Owen and Alyson. A little weird that we are all at the mercy of the market! Thank God for His mercy which outweighs all else!

Other than that things are the same. The kids are good. They are ready to move except the occasional waiver on Mazana's part. She does not want to leave all of her friends! But, they both say that it is too cold here and they want to go to Florida. Funny stuff, I say.

Owen and I will celebrate our 11th wedding anniversary next Saturday. Wow, I can't believe it has been that long. (The further we go the younger I feel in relation to the years I have been married.) Each year I feel more strongly that we were meant to be together. I have no regrets about getting married so young. Owen has blossomed into such an amazing man. And I hope that I have grown up a bit myself!

God's blessings to all of you. I pray that we can all keep things in perspective this holiday season. Much love as always.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jen Johnson said...

Congrats on the anniversary! I hope you plan to do something fun!
Just be patient....it will happen....I know that's something you're probably sick of hearing, but when it's time, it will sell. That's hard when you think the time is NOW! HA!
Hang in there! Don't get discouraged....just think, our house sold in the middle of January! Not even possible, according to some people! HA!

2:42 PM  
Blogger Jenell Coker said...

Just enjoy your anniversary and Christmas. Give yourself a bit of a break from it all. I will pray.

3:13 PM  
Blogger Marlene said...

Wow! Congratulations on your Anniversary! Sounds like you all had a good Thanksgiving holiday, too. I'm sure you are getting tired of hearing; be patient, it will happen when the time is right, hang in there, stay positive, etc, etc. Easy for me to say, I know. I'd love to go to coffee one of these days, or better yet, girl's night out! Just let me know when you're free!

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home