Thursday, August 31, 2006

SAME OLD

Same things over and over in my life these days. Nothing has changed except the extent of what we have achieved. Here's the list: The house is painted, the new shingles are on, the new house numbers are up, the bathrooms are remodeled, the kitchen has granite countertops (which are gorgeous), the kitchen cabinets are primed, the backyard is cleaned up! Now we just need to finish the kitchen cabinets and all of the "little things" which seem to take way too long; ie: switch overhead lights, paint base and case, install new bathroom towel bars, spread bark and on and on! Obviously, the house is not yet on the market, but will be soon (along with the other three currently listed on our street!).

We took the night off last night to watch Lost (we bought the 1st season on DVD) and eat junk food together. We just needed a night to chill with each other. I can't wait until we are finished and all we have to do is keep it clean. That sounds like a cake walk these days!

School is going great for us as well. Mazana loves first grade and is enjoying having a girl teacher who wears pink by the way. Tristan I believe is feeling very much a part of things now and thinks that Kindergarten is "great". He walks into the school by himself because that is what Mazana does. The first day I picked them up I went through the line and parked at the front to look into my rearview mirror and see my children running toward me holding hands. It really doesn't get any cuter than that!

I am still working at the restaurant and the office and feeling quite ready to be done with both.

So, that's the update, sorry there is nothing fun to talk about.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jen Johnson said...

That's OK - I just enjoy hearing about your life! Who does Mazana have as a teacher this year?
It's so great that you're almost ready! It's a long process - isn't it???? I think it's funny that we all three had to WAIT for a few months before we left.....God must be trying to teach us something....patience perhaps????

P.S. - I miss you too!

10:46 AM  
Blogger Alyson said...

Jen, she has Ms. Pierce and Tristan has Mrs. Alger.

Yeah, patience, patience, patience. I like the old quote "God please give me patience and hurry!"

1:30 PM  
Blogger Jenell Coker said...

I am glad you took a night off! I am tired of asking for patience. God gives me just about everything but patience. Good luck with that.
I just wrote Jen and told her how much I missed her and that goes for you as well. It has been two years now and I miss you guys more. I long for the nights out and the spontaneous lunches.

Well on that note I love ya girl!

7:26 AM  
Blogger Jen Johnson said...

Is it Mary Pierce? I vaguely remember than name..... Anyway I second what jenell said. I can't wait until sometime in Jan-Mar! HA!

4:42 PM  
Blogger Alyson said...

Jen, no Shelley Pierce.

And I was driving home form work the other night thinking about how wierd it is that soon we will have all moved (and obviously are already in three different states). I do not think that any of us would ever have thought it possible 3-5 years ago. I know I didn't. We had the perfect life (yeah, I know I was suicidal, but other than that...) so why change it? Anyway, I really hate being apart. This is turning into a post...

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home