Wednesday, May 03, 2006

ZION




Our trip to Zion National Park was a success! We had so much fun and enjoyed the wonder of God that surrounded us. I think that this is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. It was a really fun trip while being incredibly emotional at the same time. I experienced emotions that I did not expect. Being there and not knowing when we would be able to go back was weird. To think that we will not have these beautiful places at such easy access was a shock to us.

We still believe that God spoke to us (For anyone I have not talked to, we are going to be moving to Florida!) and we know that we are doing the right thing, but it has been a little scary lately. The reality is sinking in. At the same time I think that we are hearing little lies that are trying to creep in to make us second guess, but we aren't that dumb! We prayed last night and both felt better, then started working on the house. Our time line is so tight with getting all of the repairs and upgrades done that it is a bit stressful. We covet your prayers during this time.

Three weeks until we go the Mexico and we are getting excited for that too. It will be a nice break in the middle of the craze.

I hope you are all well...

4 Comments:

Blogger Jen Johnson said...

Looks like you had a good time. Soak up these moments now....you'll really miss them when they're gone.
Cute pics of the kids! We are praying for you guys!
Love Ya!

5:20 PM  
Blogger Jenell Coker said...

After we knew we were moving, I sobbed almost every time I drove down Provo Canyon!

9:26 AM  
Blogger Alyson said...

That makes me feel better, Jenell. You know, I don't really even care too much about skiing anymore, but this morning I almost started to cry about my kids not being able to ski all the time! Silly stuff that runs through the veins of our emotions.

9:32 AM  
Blogger Marlene said...

Jenell, you would sob for a different reason going down Provo Canyon now...it's a construction nightmare!

Alyson, moving is always hard..sometimes on both ends of it. Thankfully, you clearly heard from God, and your family will all be with you. My last move (to Utah) was away from my family and everything and everyone I grew up knowing. Talk about hard! But, here I am, 10 years later, and I hope I am a better person for it. God brought me here for a reason, just like he is moving you and your family on for a reason. Zion was a fun time, even though I barely got to talk with you. I did have a little chat with Tristan over cereal Sunday morning that I will treasure always. Your kids are precious! We're praying for you guys!

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home