Tuesday, January 03, 2006

INSPIRATION

I want to write to inspire and bring hope, but I don't feel anything right now. I apologize for the lack of anything interesting to say.

As I look down at my hands trying to think of something of worth to share I spot a ring on the middle finger of my right hand. It is a gold ring with a very small diamond in the upper right corner and an R inscribed on it which is barely legible any more. My daddy gave me this ring. The stone it holds was my grandma's engagement diamond! She gave this ring to him when he was 16 I think. As I looked at it I was pondering all the things this ring has seen. You know, like the saying "if walls could talk", I'd love to hear what my ring has to say.

I think it would be so cool if we could hop in a time machine and travel around to see our parents past and whatever other sorts of things might interest us. It could be very interesting!

I hope you are all finding fabulously interesting things in your every day lives. Please continue to pray for my endurance. I feel very tired.

Much intense love to all of you. XOXO

3 Comments:

Blogger Marlene said...

That is so cool! You know, I've also been struggling to find things to write about, and lately I've just been feeding off of yours! (ha ha).
Anyway, I have a watch that was my Grandmother's (she died when I was 7), that my Dad gave to me a long time ago. It is so very old looking that I'm afraid to wear it, for fear that it might fall apart, and then I would lose the only thing I have that was hers. I've been told that I am the spitten image of her, and I know that means a lot to my Dad, but I don't even remember what she looked like.
I think it is so awesome to have things that are passed down and part of our heritage...so that at some point we, too, can pass it down to our kids...and so on. I'm definately going to check it out next time I see you! Thanks for sharing.
Love ya lots!
Marlene

8:00 PM  
Blogger Jenell Coker said...

I'm back!!! With all my company I have not been up in the office in weeks! Great post.

3:40 PM  
Blogger Jen Johnson said...

Hey there! I have several momento's like that. It's important to keep our "history" in our present.

Love Ya!
Jen

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home