Tuesday, November 22, 2005

HOSPITALS

A look into me during Thursday's hospital visit:

A look at life as it passes through one's mind in a search for answers and hope. There is a need inside each of us for resolution and packaging of details. Let's file it in a box to later investigate, possibly, or maybe just for organization in case we find a need to search the past. It is much simpler to handle when wrapped with a pretty bow.


18:21 Once again I sit at my mother's bedside while I listen to the machines pumping into her veins the substances the doctors think necessary. I watch as the nurses and doctors poke and prod and look for answers while they try to keep her somewhat comfortable. I listen to her moan in her sleep as her own body wrestles with itself. All the time I struggle to sort my feelings. Feelings of fear, of sadness, anger, hope and hopelessness. I don't know which way to turn sometimes. This place is much too familiar. I think the hospital should be an ocassional unfamiliar spot. I find it to be a regular destination in my life. I despise what it represents most often to me. The unknown, the call of death on one I love. And so I call out, "Death, be silent!" And I pray and hope my request is granted. No matter the burden that these situations bring with them, I can not fathom my life without my parents. What I really long for is health and complete life for them.

19:00 I ponder tears shed and remember fondly smiles spread. I revel in the sight of sunshine and wish it on all of "mine". I hope for bursts of laughter upon mountain tops and scoff at death's valley. I reminise of life and energy shared and find myself looking to repeat these memories. I cry at the hell life pours on, but plant my feet upon solid ground. I will walk with confidence and stay strong putting each foot purposefully in front of the other. Knowing there is someone to carry me if I need it I take comfort in the truth- I can not be overcome.

Thanks to all of you for your prayers through me newest hell. I love you all so much.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jen Johnson said...

I miss you...I love you...and I am praying for your whole family. You are at the right place at the right time....don't ever think that you're not.
Please give your mom a big hug from me....I sure do miss her and wish I could be there too.

11:00 PM  
Blogger Jenell Coker said...

I am sorry you are on this road! I know that you are able to endure it.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Marlene said...

I love that last part where you talk about your strength and confidence, and the fact that you cannot be overcome. That is huge for you, Alyson. You have come so far, so fast! I know this time in your life is so very hard, but I hope you know that I am here for you anytime you need me, whatever you need me for. And the next time you find yourself at the hospital, try to think about the good memories that come from that place...those 2 beautiful kids of yours!
Love you, Marlene

9:21 AM  
Blogger Alyson said...

Thanks for the encouragement. You are all awesome.

Marlene, I had my kids at home! That is why I said that the hospital holds no good memories for me personally.

I am learning to call on people when I need help, so don't be surprised, any of you, if you get a call sometime!

Lots of Love...

11:03 AM  
Blogger Marlene said...

How did I not know that? Sorry, I can totally understand why you hate hospitals. I'm not a fan of them myself. We are praying for your Mom and you and your family everyday, and don't hesitate to call on us!

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home