Tuesday, November 01, 2005

SICKNESS CONSUMES ME

I hate being sick, but somehow seem to catch everything that ever goes around. I got someone's cold and slowly it found its way to settle in my chest. I am coughing and I feel like I can not breathe. As my dad would say, Other than that I feel great.

Owen is working 16+ hours every day trying to meet his upcoming deadline. I am just trying to live my life in the absence of him...raise the kids, clean the house, pay the bills, go to work, go to my other job, workout to relieve stress, and on and on. How do we do it? I mean there is so much that we all try to cram into one little life and somehow we continue.

And so I ask, is this what life is all about? The means to continue. This is why we live and breathe and do all that we do. To continue. Continuing has so many ways to be. To crawl across the pavement with bare knees, to walk along the dirt path which leads us through fields of wild flowers, to sleep then wake, to eat and run and live. We can all continue somehow, some way. Let's put on the knee pads and crawl until we find strength to walk, then skip, then dance through the fields with freedom, peace and joy!

I miss you all very much.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jen Johnson said...

Hey darlin,
I'm so sorry that you're sick. Not fun. J and I were up with Wil last night. I feel your pain.
I like the idea of continuing... very poetic....I will continue to continue.....

Love Ya,
Jen

9:42 PM  
Blogger Jenell Coker said...

Why can life make us so tired? Dancing is work as well it just sounds and feels better. I miss you too!

5:56 AM  
Blogger Alyson said...

Oh, I agree, dancing is without a doubt work. But for me it brings such release and joy. And I never feel closer to God than I do when I am dancing, so there is peace there too.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Marlene said...

There's lots of stuff going around right now...Ryan has had the flu this week, so I can relate. It's so hard when your kids are little and they bring all kinds of germs home. You can't avoid it every time! I hope you get better real fast, and I sooo much enjoy watching you dance on Sunday's!

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home