Thursday, November 10, 2005

FLEETING THOUGHTS

I have had several great things to write about in the past week, but every time I get ready to go I entirely forget what profound thing it was I had to say and so I say nothing. There are others who we know who this silence itself would be profound for them, but not really for me.

So, let's see...
My newest quest is to enjoy life how it is. This, you all must know, is very difficult for me. I have ideas about the way things should be and believe that if they are not meeting my expectations I have somehow been wronged. The true wrong here is this crazy belief of mine. And I now realize this and am trying to find good in each day and not assign it some absurd expectation. This has all come about in the midst of me, Owen and Tristan having bronchitis, Owen and I also having sinus infections and Owen working seven days a week 16-20 hour days. The point is that you come imagine the difficulty I have come across in implementing my new attitude. I have done amazingly well I must admit! There is light at the end of the tunnel as far as Owen's work schedule; I know that I will not cough forever, although at times I think I may; we will not always be broke (I claim this as truth); I am loved beyond comprehension.

This is the most beautiful thing of all. Love. How it endures every difficulty we encounter and is strengthened because of it. Wow! God is so AMAZING. I am eternally grateful that there is love. Can you imagine life without it. How boring and lonely and hopeless. I depend on it. From my Lord, my husband, my kids, my parents and all of you. Without it I would starve to death.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jen Johnson said...

I love this new side of you. You are growing and maturing before our very eyes. Good for you to look in the bad for the good. I hope you get to feeling better and Owen and the kids too. Brochitis stinks!
Ephesians 5:2 calls us to live a life of love as a way to sacrifice to God. You are living this right now. I'm so very proud of you!
Missing you lots and lots,
Jen

7:16 PM  
Blogger Alyson said...

Thanks, I don't feel very mature right now, but somehow I know God is working on me. I've said it before, but it still hits me, I find it very interesting how God is working so much, stretching us all and doing things in us that somehow we were unable to get when we were together. I wish we had been more mature before so that we could have stayed together. I believe He has a big plan though and I have hope that we will be reunited for His work and our pleasure when He is ready.

I miss you so much too.

1:39 PM  
Blogger Jenell Coker said...

It is funny how we feel the need to hurry on and get to the next big thing. There is something really profound in just being in the now. Really feeling and experiencing every moment of life we have.

7:02 PM  
Blogger Marlene said...

Sometimes, Alyson, I forget that you are only 27! You strike me as being so much older, not in looks, but in maturity. You have been thru a lot in your young life, and there will be more trials in the future. But, I know that the love you have for others and the love they (we) have for you will always bring you thru. As for this "new" attitude...I think it has always been there, but something has recently brought it to the forefront of your thoughts. It's awesome to see! And you're right...LOVE is the key to everything, and you have so very much of it all around you that there is no way you can lose!
Love ya lots,
Marlene

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home