Friday, April 07, 2006

GOD'S TOUCH

Owen and I made the trip to Colorado to visit Pastor Lee Eddy who has a unique ministry. He basically facilitates people in listening to God. We went there because my depression was spiking and anxiety was becoming a problem.

The story is too long and personal really to tell all the details here, but I will tell you that God touched my life intensely. He spoke to me about my worth and His plan for my life. Because of some unspoken lies which I had created due to some childhood situations, I felt like my life held no worth and therefore denied myself the possibility of being used by God. Without worth there can be no plan. I believe that God has freed me from depression and anxiety.

I have to sometimes go back to Him to ask Him to tell me the truth when old lies start to creep in, but I am hearing Him and believing Him! In particular, I was worried that this would not be lasting because last year at the ladies retreat I felt so good when I returned home. I had been given great prophecy (now remember, on this most recent trip I heard from God myself!) and I hoped I was better (now I believe it!), but with life as it is I fell back into despair. So, I asked Him straight up about this. He told me, "That was a glimpse, this is the real thing."

I have a hope and a future! I have peace in my heart.

The funny thing is, I am home and life is still life. My world is not suddenly perfect and without challenge, but I have peace. I know that God is going to use me to minister to other people lost in depression and despair. I am really excited about it!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alyson I have wanted to call you all week!!! I had no idea when you were getting back though and I didnt want to interrupt your time there. PRAISE GOD - I KNEW that He has great things in store for you. You are such an open vessel to the Lord and He loves you dearly, you really are His precious creation, His daughter.

I can't wait to hear more!

(((Hugs)))

11:21 PM  
Blogger linda: off the loom said...

How wonderful, Alyson.

12:08 AM  
Blogger Marlene said...

Hallelujah and Praise God! I have also wanted to call you all week...I heard from Lenny, who got a call from Lee, that things went really well with you guys but that is all he said. I would love to hear more, too! Isn't it weird how we have always had the tools to seek and talk to Him, but didn't know how to go about it? I hope this is the beginning of BIG, WONDERFUL, NEW things for you!
Love ya!

7:03 PM  
Blogger Jen Johnson said...

Well......GLORY HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!! Way to be!
I'm really going to try and call you this week sometime.....my life is way to crazy, but I just need to hear you laugh!
Love Ya,
Jen

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home