Thursday, June 01, 2006

THE RUN DOWN

Kind of silly, but I don't really even know what to write about that has any worth. So, I guess I'll just tell you the gist of my life as I know it today, the 1st of June, 2006...

The trip to Mexico was very nice. It was hot and humid, but overall comfortable. We relaxed, explored, adventured and enjoyed. The food was marginal for the most part and we still seem to be fighting something in our tummies. It was very relaxing not to have any time frame. We made our own time schedule on did whatever we wanted to! The most exciting thing we did was the "Outdoor Adventure" which included a jeep like truck ride up the mountain, a mule ride, zip lines and repelling down the waterfalls. We had climbing gear on and were harnessed to the zip lines which run hundreds of feet above the ground. It is a very free felling to be flying through the sky like this. And the repelling down the waterfalls was gorgeous and fun. This adventure was very much up our alley and we loved it. That evening we did the "Rythyms of the Night" tour. This included a boat ride through the bay into the ocean out to a apart of the beach you can only reach by boat. Here we had a buffet dinner (the best food we had) at small tables set up overlooking the ocean and under a couple of palm trees. It was very romantic. After dinner we took a rest in a hammock together before heading up to the show. The show was a lot of dancing, which I enjoyed, and told a story of love. It had a bit of Native American flare. The rest of the trip was mostly spent relaxing and exploring the beaches around our resort. Overall a fabulous vacation.

Now I am in the midst of end of school year stuff. Mazana is out on the 9th and Tristan graduates on the 7th, which will be his last day at Creative Beginnings. Alicia is going to take the kids over the summer, which I am very happy about. I know they will have fun.

Things are coming along with our house, but I am still stressing about all that needs to be done in such a short time. (prep and paint the exterior of the house, reroof, clean up the back yard, finish remodeling the bathrooms, remodel the kitchen, replace the interior doors, paint base and case, the list goes on and on and Owen continually thinks of new things he'd like to do.) The bathroom is looking so nice. After it is complete I will post some pictures. It sure is nice to have a husband so talented in these things.

I am back to work at the restaurant tonight, so things won't slow down for me for awhile. I'll try to get some phone calls out soon. I want to talk to all of you.

Love to everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home