Tuesday, June 13, 2006

NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS

There really has not been much to tell, so I haven't told! Things are going along just fine.

Mazana got out of school on Friday and I am already enjoying the freedom of summer. The kids are going to Alicia's on Tuesday and Thursday and are excited about that. We start swim lessons tonight. My dad reminded me that with Florida in our future they especially need to learn to swim well; so I guess we will be going to a lot of swim lessons this summer. $$$

We are still working on the house. So much to do, so little time. Please pray for endurance and motivation for Owen. He is doing so well, but I worry that he will get weary. It is really fun to see things coming together though. He does such an amazing job with everything I know it will be absolutely beautiful when he is finished.

My mom made it to Florida one week ago today. My dad arrived on Friday with her car and the moving truck came on Saturday. Dad said she already has it looking like they'd lived there for years. She is good at making a home, that's for sure. They really like the house, which is good since they had only seen pictures before. She said that she fells like she has come home; a dream come true.

It is fun to hear the excitement in her voice and helps me to get excited again. I have lost some of the excitement in the stress of getting ready and the emotion of leaving loved ones behind. But, I look forward to seeing what God has planned for us there. Wow!

It looks like Jason and Kris and kids will be moving to Shreveport, LA to take a job Jason has been interviewing for. It is not definite yet, but looks like he will get the job. They will hopefully stay there for a couple of years and then be able to transfer to Jacksonville, FL.

The bottom line: It seems the Doughertys (obviously including the converted to Boerbooms) will be evacuating Utah sometime in the near future. It is all very surreal.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jen Johnson said...

WOW! That is really weird. But I am so happy for you guys and for your mom. I am going to call you this week when I get a chance!
Love Ya!

8:04 PM  
Blogger Marlene said...

Sorry I missed chatting with you at Church on Sunday...coffee bar duty.
I'm feeling a little sureal about all these moves lately, too. But, I also feel like you and Owen are doing the right thing, and going where the Lord is leading you. Besides, we all need a warm place to come visit in the winter! Florida sounds just as nice as Phoenix!
Glad your Mom and Dad are getting settled, and if you guys need any help with "house" stuff, please don't hesitate to call on us!

7:54 PM  
Blogger gathering lilies said...

Hi Alyson!

I guess I'm a little slow on the uptake here... I hadn't heard that you will be relocating! That feels like another chunk of MVF moving away to impart somewhere else! We'll so miss your beautiful presence, and of course, your dancing on Sundays... but you'll have left many dancing seeds behind you for the young ones coming up - you've inspired so many of them.

Peace over your household as you prepare for the move! For me, it always helps to see the funny side of most stressful situations, to keep it lighter rather than too intense - so, keep talking and laughing as you go!

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home