Tuesday, October 24, 2006

LAUGHABLE

We received our first offer. Although it is very laughable we are still happy to have some really good activity. They offered us $406,000 with a contingency for their house to sell and it is not even on the market until Monday! (Although the area they live in has an average of 23 days on the market.) They put down $500 earnest money which for PC is unacceptable-1% is the unspoken norm. Anyway, we countered at $428,000 and more earnest money and changed their dates a bit. They have until 6:00 tomorrow (Wed.) to respond.

We have been having a lot of showings-two just yesterday-so even if this offer doesn't work out we hope that it will create some urgency with other buyers.

Owen has now been gone for a week. With the stress of the new offer and signing and countering, etc. and Mazana's birthday today I am not fabulous. I am starting to feel a little alone in everything. But I must say that I have been handling him being gone much better than expected. Not being depressed and being so busy with school, etc. has made the experience much more livable. I am starting to see how "normal" people can deal with stressful situations. I used to look at people and think I would go crazy if I had to do "that". Thank God for His healing touch!

I hope everyone is good. I'll keep you posted. Lots of love.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenell Coker said...

hang in girl! Think about all the houses you may sell in a lifetime. You can do this!

6:56 AM  
Blogger Jen Johnson said...

Ditto from me!

9:29 AM  
Blogger Marlene said...

I, too, agree! Don't settle just to sell. The right person will come along, and when they do, everything will fall into place!

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home