Friday, January 12, 2007

ROLLER COASTERS

I actually really like roller coasters. I find the adrenaline exciting and enjoy the closeness felt to the one beside you. There is just something about fear that seems to bring people together.

I do not, however, appreciate the roller coaster that references my recent emotions!

I was doing just fine waiting. I struggled a bit with patience, but overall I felt successful in the adventure. I felt that we were really learning how to trust and wait. Being given hope and excitement then having it ripped from you is so disheartening. I was much more content to wait and learn than to hope and be crushed.

The roller coaster post disappointment is much more severe than the roller coaster of wait-go-wait. I feel encouraged by scripture and God one moment, then paralyzed by disappointment the next. It is just really difficult to be on the "countdown" and then be catapulted back to the waiting room. I suppose it would be kind of like false labor. Thankfully I never had any, but can imagine the disappointment there.

I have heard and spoken most all of the cliches associated and for the most part I believe them, but I am still a very emotional person (in case any of you have forgotten) and I wanted to let a little of it out.

Thanks for listening...

4 Comments:

Blogger Marlene said...

Gosh, I haven't checked blogs for ages! Hang in there, Alyson. The right person at the right time will happen! I'm praying for you.

7:42 PM  
Blogger odogtriever said...

I'll leave a comment since no one else is. We have our home under contract. We just pray that this goes as planed, and we will be in Florida by March 1st.

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

UPDATE YOUR BLOB SISTA!!!

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BLOB?!?, LOL, that was supposed to be BLOG.

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home